Our client is a subsidiary of an international food organization with multiple state-of-the-art food processing facilities on the East Coast. The Director of Engineering & Maintenance is a newly created position due to growth/expansion initiatives. This leader will be responsible for planning maintenance tasks designed to maximize the effectiveness, skills, material and equipment They will be responsible for supporting and accomplishing team goals and objectives by working closely with other departments and leading capital projects for the facility.
Reports to: Vice President Operations
Compensation: to $150K + bonus
- Plans, drives, and oversees maintenance system programs to meet plant requirements.
- Creates and recommends purchasing plans to implement plant policies and objectives and to attain optimum utilization of machinery and materials, with overall cost reduction.
- Manages a team of 8 mechanics and is responsible for the maintenance of the entire plant and all equipment. This team is likely to grow to about 12 in the next 2 years.
- Oversees and manages the system to schedule and plan preventative maintenance jobs, using KAIZEN and One Point Lesson (OPL) on a regular basis to improve plant efficiency.
- Handles and reviews negotiation from contractors such as, quotes and cost estimates. All while monitoring expenditures, reconciling purchases, and maintaining accurate files.
- Enhance our Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and other maintenance systems.
- Contribute to sustainable initiatives such as site inspections and energy surveys while remaining abreast of current legislation to ensure corporate compliance.
- 15 years’ experience with demonstrated success in a senior management role is acceptable.
- Ten (10) years of maintenance experience in food processing facility is required.
- Experience with ammonia refrigeration and ISO9000 experience preferred.
- Experience in budgeting, planning, estimations and building rapport with all team members.
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy 781-248-7494