The Human Resources Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, addressing employee concerns, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
Role and Responsibilities
- Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relation and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidates selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisals of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees, scheduling management conference with employees hearing and resolving employee grievances, and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends, recommending benefit programs to management, directing the processing of benefits claims, obtaining and evaluating benefits contract bids, awarding benefit contracts, and designing and conducting educational programs on benefits programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resources federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resources policies and procedures.
- Cultivating professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Lead internal investigation process providing support to investigators, and tracking investigation progress through to completion.
Preferred Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or relative field
- 5+ years’ experience of Human Resources management experience
- 3+ years of experience in Labor relations and employee relations
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office software and internet search engines.
- Fluent in Spanish – reading writing, conversation, and oral translation
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Communication: Exhibit honest and clear communication, both orally and written, for effective teamwork. Treat everyone equally with respect- listen to others and make them feel valued.
- Leadership: You may be required to take control of a team, work closely with another department or brief other members of the organization, including board members and HR staff, on a variety of payroll matters. An ability to coordinate colleagues, clients and different departments is a vital part of a payroll administrator’s role.
- Time Management & Organization: Organize and prioritize your own actions efficiently and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously. Be flexible and react favorably to multiple priorities, changing schedules and daily assignments while paying attention to detail. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and focus on actions, while multi-tasking.
- Team Commitment: Handle conflict in a mature manner to establish trust with coworkers and encourage team collaboration. Understand the people and departments and support team decisions.
- Training & Development: Deliver informal and formal learning solutions in a manner that is both engaging and effective. Apply a variety of learning technologies to address specific learning needs. Use learning metrics and analytics to measure the impact of learning solutions. Provide leadership to execute the organization’s people strategy; implements training projects and activities.
For More Information Please Contact:
- Bill Leva 774-232-9304
- Senior Executive Recruiter Bill@tchresource.com
- TCH Resource & Recruitment, Inc.