TCH Resource, a boutique recruiting firm specializing in the food manufacturing industry, has been engaged by a global food company to help recruit a Senior FSQA Manager. This leader will be pivotal in directing the plant food safety plan and ensuring HACCP and USDA regulations are strictly enforced. The operation is under continuous USDA meat & poultry jurisdiction. This role will provide strategic planning expertise to help evolve procedures and technical expertise to track product from start to finish and develop corrective actions when needed.
- Oversee QA staff and ensure that all QA and Regulatory programs are followed, make sound decisions, and execute quality oversight for all products.
- Responsible for maintaining regulatory compliance to ensure production is run in accordance with USDA standards.
- Works with QA staff members to prevent process or product failures. Focuses on continuous improvement of product quality through the development of quality plans, process controls, attention to process details and specifications and quality training.
- Ensures that operational and pre-operational sanitation is acceptable. Implements and develops necessary verification activities including micro sampling to verify the effectiveness of sanitation activities. Ensures GMP and Sanitation audits are conducted by the department as required with documented corrective actions and follow-up as necessary.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to employees in the Food Safety and Quality Assurance departments.
Preferred Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidates should be self-starters with a strong work ethic and the ability to prioritize their workload to ensure timely issue resolution. In addition, this individual should possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years’ experience in a food manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a position of leadership to include team development and management, required.
- 5+ years’ experience leading FSA, QSA customer audits and third-party audits.
- 3+ years of strong sanitation background in CIP
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science, food safety, SPC and problem solving.
- Comprehensive knowledge of USDA, FSMA, HACCP, and SSOP requirements.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing software; Presentation, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Core Competencies, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements
Communication: Exhibit honest and clear communication, both orally and written, for effective teamwork. Treat everyone equally with respect- listen to others and make them feel valued. Where customer decisions or food safety is a concern, communicate on a higher level.
Time Management & Organization: Organize and prioritize your own actions efficiently and manage a variety of tasks simultaneously. Be flexible and react favorably to multiple priorities, changing schedules and daily assignments while paying attention to detail. Demonstrate a sense of urgency and focus on actions, while multi-tasking.
Team Commitment: Handle conflict in a mature manner to establish trust with coworkers and encourage team collaboration. Understand the people and departments and support team decisions.
Problem Solving: Think ahead when information is not always available- use all your senses and resources as tools. Understand the relationship between issues and processes and use logical reasoning.
For More Information Please Contact:
Bill Leva 774-232-9304
Senior Executive Recruiter email@example.com
TCH Resource & Recruitment, Inc.