Resource Executive Search has been engaged by a well-established and reputable food manufacturer to recruit a Regional Retail Sales Manager. This role will lead retail sales development and manage the broker network for the West Coast and Central region of the United States. This leader will be an integral player in the company’s expansion efforts to the region and have solid growth opportunities as the expansion strategy is executed over the next few years.
Reports To: Sales and Marketing Director – Global
- Stimulate new sales with major distributors and key retailers
- Own all account relationship with existing national and regional retail accounts and ensure brand talking points are communicated effectively and modified accordingly
- Actively pursue new business and sales opportunities
- Develop a distribution network and take ownership of account relationship and retention efforts
- Generate sales and maximize brand awareness through product demonstrations and customer engagement within the retail segment
- Create brand awareness and positive impressions of the product by engaging consumers through sampling/distributing product and demonstrating product features.
- Constant interaction with consumers, distributors, existing and potential clients that involves creating brand awareness and positive impressions.
- Conduct regular calls and visits with both existing and potential food service clients
- Strong Acquaintance with retail brokers and with brokers
- Experience in retail sales and analytics, familiar with vendor portals, and previous dealings with large grocers like Kroger, Whole Foods, Albertsons, Meijer, Publix, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to expertly articulate product features and benefits
- Ability to be autonomous in looking for leads/open accounts and prioritizing duties with minimal supervision while meeting agreed-upon deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or four-year college preferred
- 10+ years’ experience working in retail sales preferred
- Knowledge in the Charcuterie/Italian meat or cheese/pre-slice category preferred
- Successful track record of exceeding sales quotas and history with opening new business
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion, or retail/grocery
- Italian language proficiency and knowledge of Italian customs and culture is desirable
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time is an essential duty and function of this job.
Compensation : $125-140K Base + 30% Bonus (25% EBITDA, 75% Individual Revenue)
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy 781-837-0987