Our client has engaged Resource, Inc. to recruit a highly skilled Director of Transportation who has had significant success running highly complex transportation systems, possesses a strong TMS orientation and who can manage in a very high-paced/ever changing transportation environment. Our client is looking for a professional who can succeed within their organization and based on that success would like to take advantage of the upward mobility opportunities that the company has because of their tremendous growth.
The Director of Transportation is responsible for the Transportation Department at our clients Greater Detroit distribution facility. The Director is responsible for developing and fostering an environment that supports our client’s values: This includes applying leadership skills and principles to engage the Transportation team, put safety first in everything they do, hold the team accountable to achieve operational and financial goals, and ensure compliance with all Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier regulations.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years management experience with experience in operations and transportation.
• Demonstrated ability to drive engagement at all levels
• Strong communication skills, including verbal, listening and written
• Demonstrated proficiency with technology based routing and electronic logging systems.
• Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issue resolution and general customer satisfaction
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
• Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of multi-tasking.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Foodservice distribution
• College degree
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Directly and indirectly supervise the transportation staff and drivers.
• Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
• Manage operations policies and standards, including safety procedures for the handling of goods.
• Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
• Collaborate with other managers or staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, or objectives.
• Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings, or meeting with individual staff members.
• Direct investigations of all accidents and recommends corrective actions.
• Ensures compliance with transportation related administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
• A thorough understanding of DOT regulations, promote safety initiatives, with the ability to implement change.
• Act as a mentor for all department employees and foster a positive work environment
• Other projects or duties as assigned.
For More Information Please Contact:
Resource Executive Search
(774) 259-1963 (C)