Position Title: Maintenance Engineering Manager
Location: Greater Boston Area
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Reports To: Plant Manager
Resource executive Search has been engaged by an established and reputable food manufacturer in the Greater Boston area to recruit a Maintenance Engineering Manager. This critical leadership role performs an important role by overseeing and improving production processes in the factory, planning, and executing a preventative maintenance schedule, as-needed repairs, and minor maintenance requests. This leader will also document and lead safety programs and machine operating procedures.
- Plan, manage, and oversee all elements of engineering related initiatives in the factory.
- Assess, design and plan processes and equipment layout.
- As needed, find, negotiate, and commission new equipment assets that will help achieve efficiency and throughput goals.
- Suggest and implement process optimizations by developing, improving, and implementing alternate equipment and energy solutions.
- Conducting tests and monitoring the process performance throughout production.
- Maximize productivity of machinery and workers to deliver on energy and labor cost performance goals.
- Increase speed and efficiency of processes without compromising quality or sacrificing safety protocols.
- Overhaul and improve current preventive maintenance system to ensure all production equipment is serviced based on vendor recommendations and Maintenance Technician experience.
- Regular maintenance on all food manufacturing and packaging equipment and utility systems.
- Responsible for all commissioning of new factory equipment.
- Diagnose breakdowns and troubleshoot problems, create and document long term solutions.
- Follow and adhere to all state, federal and company safety rules and regulations.
Repairs & Minor Maintenance Requests:
- Ensuring manufacturing equipment is in optimal working order.
- Order maintenance and facilities related parts or services as needed under the boundaries of the operating expense and Capital expense lines of the budget and the supervision of the Plant Manager.
- Making autonomous decisions about when an outside contractor is needed and making the necessary arrangements to see this type of service through contractors.
- Get price quotes and bids for work needing outside contractors and being mindful of budget limitations.
- Ensure a clean and organized tool crib and maintenance department.
- Overhaul and improve current Safety Standard Operating Procedures.
- Revise, implement and execute facility safety and training program.
- Ensure OSHA standards for equipment are met and LOTO system is maintained effectively.
- Develop and monitor KPIs for safety.
- Creates training programs about employee safety procedures and accident protection and prevention, trains production staff.
- Inspect company facilities and recommending corrections or additional precautions to ensure compliance to established regulations; conduct self-inspections and mock recalls.
Experience & Requirements
- 5-10 years’ experience in maintenance in a manufacturing setting, CPG Manufacturing preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure preferred
- High attention to detail
- Proven experience optimizing production processes
- Analytical skills
- Diligent in duties and able to make independent decisions and to prioritize effectively
- Strong verbal communication and organizational skills
- Schedule flexibility is required (in case an emergency repair is needed)
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy 781-837-0987
TCH Resource & Recruitment, Inc. www.tchresource.com