Position: Vice President of Operations
Location: New England
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Reports To: CEO
The VP of Operations will be responsible for the direction, strategy, planning and execution of day-to-day manufacturing for two food manufacturing facilities. This leader will also work with the leadership team to maximize plant efficiencies through automation, streamlining process, and building a strong culture of performance and engagement. This is a newly created position best suited for a professional with proven success in a high growth environment that thrives on developing others and building strong relationships on the plant floor.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop and meet company goals while supplying leadership, expertise, and guidance on organizational effectiveness, production efficiency, and long-term growth plans.
- Lead teams across multiple facilities to meet day-to-day production needs, and align strategy, culture, and policies that achieve short-term and long-term output, growth, and profit objectives.
- Coach, mentor and support two Plant Managers
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline production.
- Provide strong knowledge on manufacturing and bring industry best practices to company.
- Coach facility leaders and teams to ensure all food safety, people safety, and regulatory compliance practices are being followed.
- Lead continuous process improvement and optimization efforts across all areas of responsibility.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train management-level staff in the department and build the operations leadership team to support the company’s rapid growth and expansion.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Manufacturing or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in food manufacturing, batch processing preferred.
- Ability to understand the vision of the organization, translate into specific actionable plans and hold team members accountable to achieve desired results.
- Ability to guide individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services to our customers.
- Proven ability to develop and build strong teams and interact at all levels of the plant, including front line employees.
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and a willingness to build new skills. Recognizes opportunities to simplify processes and create efficiencies.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to navigate through complex and difficult managerial situations.
- Capable of making independent decisions and deal with ambiguity.
- Skilled in preparing, analyzing data, and preparing management reports.
Sustain aggressive growth while developing staff, improving efficiencies and retaining excellent safety levels. It’s a healthy business with a strong culture, anchored by an employee centric mission and strategy. The position reports to the CEO and will be expected to follow and achieve strategic objectives as well as be a visible influencer on the manufacturing floor. It’s a fairly flat organization with a highly collaborative senior leadership team, if you prefer to simply stay in your lane, this job is not for you.
- Common Sense, Integrity and Results
- Strong Work Ethic – Doing what it takes to get the job done
- Everyone knows what winning looks like…every day
- Each one of us makes a difference
- Win-Win Relationships – with each other; our Customers; our Suppliers
- Keeping Promises – everyone delivers on commitments
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy firstname.lastname@example.org
TCH Resource & Recruitment, Inc. www.tchresource.com