REPORTS TO: Vice President of Food Safety, Quality, and Regulatory
SCOPE: 3 Processing Sites
DIRECT REPORTS: Asst. FSQA Manager, 3-FSQA Supervisors, 7-Food Safety Technicians, 3-Quality Leads. 10-Quality Technicians
The Food Safety Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership, direction, and execution of all plant food safety functions to support the company’s food safety goals, the company’s mission and ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies. Ensures all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and company requirements as they relate to food safety. Directs the plant Food Safety and Quality departments in selecting, developing, and motivating food safety team members to achieve organizational goals. Acts as plant authority on all food safety and quality matters to ensure product safety is always maintained.
- Manages all activities of the Food Safety department in a manner which results in consistent food safety results as measured through the company key performance indicators.
- Maintain all policies and procedures for our food safety systems, including HACCP and SQF (Safe Quality Food)
- Ensure products & ingredients meet written specifications
- Lead and ensure compliance with GMPs and sanitation programs through the monthly self-assessment program and internal auditing.
- Develops, documents, and implements food safety processes and procedures to ensure product safety is always monitored and maintained.
- Leads all food safety and regulatory efforts at the plant.
- Enforces the company’s food safety standards as outlined in the plants HACCP and prerequisite programs. Maintains the required documentation.
- Serves as the catalyst for leading continuous improvement through technology and scientific research in an effort to take the plants food safety program(s) and quality to the next level.
- Provides leadership and is an active member of all project teams to ensure food safety concerns are addressed at assigned plants.
- Maintains open communications within the FSQA team, plant management, sales, and marketing staffs to ensure each are aware of any potential food safety related concerns with product or product requirements and specifications.
- Develops a professional working relationship and acts as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
- Develops staff through appropriate mentoring and continuing education efforts. Ensures the company’s food safety programs are properly communicated and plant employees have a working knowledge of the programs through training and mentoring.
- Provides timely, accurate and relevant data and analysis to plant.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the area of meat or food science
- 3-5 years food safety/quality assurance experience in a leadership capacity required.
- Working knowledge of microbiology, aseptic sampling technique, and sampling plans.
- HACCP certified and demonstrated excellent understanding of HACCP, GMP, and SSOP.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, people skills, and strong leadership ability.
- Must have detailed and practical knowledge in plant sanitation practices.
- Excellent working knowledge of the regulatory requirements for meat products.
- Safe Quality Food (SQF) training.
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training.
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy 781-248-7494
TCH Resource & Recruitment, Inc. www.tchresource.com