REPORTS TO: SVP Manufacturing
The Director, Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) will report directly to the SVP Manufacturing Operations and will work closely with the senior management team. This position is responsible for the overall creation, development and maintenance of effective EHS and risk management programs for the organization and its projects. This leader will deliver results through building a culture of safety assurance through the principles, processes and practices of behavioral based safety and risk management principles.
- Lead all company employees and contractors to achieve zero safety and environmental incidents built on the principles of personal accountability, influencing behaviors, leading indicators and a culture of active employee engagement.
- Lead and coach management to create a sustained culture of behavioral based safety and risk management and ensure compliance in all areas of EHS.
- Lead people and facility risk assessment and emergency response. Create a high performing culture of risk awareness. Ensure that risk assessment is inclusive of all people, security and facility risks.
- Establish a sustaining Emergency Response (ER) program that is responsive, effective, and provides reliable coverage.
- Establish security program that protects people, product and facilities from internal and external harm.
- Direct company environmental sustainability efforts in a manner that promotes continuous improvement in reduction of the Company environmental footprint.
- Coordinate with senior management team and function heads for the continuous improvement of the Company Business Continuity Plan
- Direct the analysis and evaluation of company asset/liability management strategies; insures protection of company assets through property, liability, auto, and workers’ compensation insurance coverages and oversight of policies.
- Coordinate with site leadership, site safety managers and safety committees to ensure that all aspects of the company’s EHS results and programs are working in concert and that effective leadership is being exercised in each area.
- Maintain detailed safety performance data, analyze trends, report on statistics, and manage non-compliance. Establish consistent, effective processes for managing all near misses, hazard/accident investigations and reports. Assure timely issuance of safety alert communications, alert tracking and documentation of alert closings.
- Develop a comprehensive risk management and sustainability program with short and long-term goals & objectives. Collaborate with internal departments and external resources to ensure the integration of enterprise safety, security and risk initiatives and practices. Model safety, security and risk leadership behaviors to management, staff and associates.
- Educate and inform others on up-to-date knowledge of regulations and codes relating to personnel safety, process safety, environmental compliance, security and fire/explosion protection.
- Establish internal and/or acceptable external subject matter expertise for all
risks, standards and compliance expectations and requirements, including LOTO, Fire & Explosion, Process Safety Management, Hazard Analysis, HAZOP, etc.
- Create, support, and implement policies and practices and programs to provide assurance that the organization complies with all federal, state and local EHS regulatory requirements. Coordinate and interface with applicable external agencies including OSHA, State Environmental Agencies, law enforcement, consultants, and insurance representatives.
- Bachelor degree in Management, Science, Industrial Hygiene, or Engineering; emphasis on Safety preferred. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum ten years of increasing Safety and Environmental responsibility in a manufacturing environment, including managing cross functional teams, and operating at a senior level
- Minimum ten years leading, designing, managing and evaluating behavioral sustainable strategies & programs
- Minimum ten years of leadership in multi-facility, geographically diverse organization
- Ability to effectively manage and delegate while maintaining forward motion on key results and deliverables
- Proven team player skills with ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships
For More Information Please Contact:
Tim Healy Office: 781-837-0987
President Cell: 781-248-7494
TCH Resource & Recruitment, Inc. firstname.lastname@example.org