Our client, a mid-size food manufacturer is seeking a Director of Supply Chain. This search is currently on pause during the ongoing crisis, but will commence in the next few weeks.
Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of supply chain experience and a minimum of a BBA in Accounting/Finance or Logistics. He/she will have the following attributes:
- Strong knowledge of the U.S. transportation network including freight carriers, freight rates, freight brokers and the ability to be proactive in minimizing our freight rates across the U.S.
- International freight experience including work with import/export, customs, custom brokers, freight forwarding agents, demurrage, ocean freight, insurance, and key ocean freight carriers.
- The ability to build programs and projections that minimize freight costs from India to our U.S. distribution centers to key wholesalers/distributors, all the way down to retail store locations.
- Inventory management skills including raw materials, finished goods, packaging, suppliers and equipment. An understanding of key inventory tracking software and its application to a startup business.
- An understanding of reverse logistics; how to handle product recalls and distressed inventory.
- A strong network of contacts that includes freight carriers, brokers and distribution facilities. The ability to negotiate best terms for GVG in this network.
- An understanding of the shipment of dry refrigerated, and frozen goods as well as warehouse storage facilities for these products.
- The ability to construct a distribution network from India to both coast and the Midwest that optimizes freight carriers and third party distribution networks.
- Experience working with 3 PL’s.
- A strong financial understanding of the impact of freight on our P&L’s and a good understanding of financial statements.
- Robust Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- High energy, good communication skills, professional appearance, strong work ethic and the ability to work as a team player.
- Flexible work hours, as the company is a fast growing startup company.
Location: New England