Archive for the ‘Engineering & Maintenance’ Category
This is a newly created position reporting to the Director of Engineering. Its purpose is to LEAD the new item introduction process. This individual will execute new product & packaging development.
He/she will work closely with Marketing, R&D, Finance, Sales, Manufacturing, QA, Procurement, and others to insure timely launches. This is a high profile position and opportunity. Our client is a fast growing company and a category leader with outstanding potential and commitment to continued substantial growth. This is a great
opportunity for an individual with a proven track record in product commercialization.
1. BS/BA Process Engineering Degree with MBA highly preferred.
2. Must have demonstrated leadership skills & managed others.
3. 8+ years CPG experience, with some bard manufacturing experience preferred.
4. 4 years Manufacturing Project Management experience required.
5. Must have people management experience. She/he will manage the commercialization team,
including a Packaging Engineer.
6. Proven analytical, organizational, interpersonal, written & verbal skills required.
7. Strong strategic and tactical planning, business analysis, & problem solving skills a must.
8. Excellent computer skills—Access & Excel—JD Edwards ERP preferred.
Salary is highly competitive with a 15% bonus. Our client has an outstanding benefits plan.
Significant relocation assistance provided.
For more information on Resource and this position please visit our website.
This person is responsible for the management of the engineering department at USA HQ in New England. This includes management of all department staff and all projects involving infrastructure, capital equipment, and technical projects. She/he has responsibilityfor projects from conception through scope, design, cost, & implementation. This position reports to the VP Operations.
1. Analyze all aspects of buildings and equipment to determine opportunities for infrastructure improvements and identify those offering greatest efficiencies and conduct cost analysis.
2. Determine, implement, & execute timeline for implementation of approved projects.
3. Develop RFP’s for bidding, execute contracts, and coordinate with all involved to insure a positive result.
4. Manage technical solutions for production and infrastructure related issues that arise. Work with internal customers to identify problems and develop viable solutions.
5. Identify opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency to improve internal processes and streamline cross-functional requirements. Present to VP Operations factually supported solutions that include ROI and the benefits of implementation.
6. Work with the VP Operations on developing the annual budget and ensuring that engineering goals and strategies are successfully executed within financial guidelines.
7. Manage the engineering team in a positive manner that insures that all project goals are defined, understood, and achieved.
8. Hire, train, motivate, and develop the staff to optimize results and to establish excellent bench strength to provide for future leadership.
1. BS/BA Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with MS highly preferred.
2. 10 years in project and process engineering as well as project management.
3. 3 or more years in bard manufacturing as plant or operations manager.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage all phases of projects independently.
5. Ability to manage/partner with multi-disciplinary teams towards achieving common goals.
6. People management experience required.
7. Strategic vision paired with tactical experience.
8. Commercialization experience is a must.
For more information contact:
We are currently conducting two searches for a Manager of Engineering for a well-known consumer products company. This position will support capital project execution at their respective processing and packaging plant. Positions are located in Ohio and Pennsylvania. These individuals will be key members of the plant operations team and will report directly to the site Director of Operations and will be accountable for all site capital projects including cost savings, utilities and facilities.
- Managing multi-million dollar capital projects
- Oversee all local Engineering projects.
- Taking responsibility for scope definition, capital cost estimates, operating cost savings development, investment justification, system design, cost value analysis, equipment design specifications, development of engineering design specifications, and supervision/management of outside consulting engineering firms and contractors
- Preparing critical coordination of site production scheduling, equipment vendors/manufacturers, outside contractors, and plant personnel to insure compliance with project scope, schedule, and budget
- Managing project installation/construction, start-up, commissioning, and effective training on technology to plant operating personnel
- Ensuring company safety and compliance standards are adhered to on all jobs
- Interfacing with site management and personnel to provide hands-on situational troubleshooting expertise as well as identification, investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of new and innovative projects, processes, or equipment to achieve operating cost reductions, capacity expansions, manufacturing flexibility improvement opportunities, improved product quality, and governmental compliance
- Preparing capital cost estimates and determining applicable cost savings, financial feasibility, capital risk, and ROI/NPV for new equipment, construction, and modification to existing operations and systems
- Developing business case and plan for investment in new initiatives and new technologies
- Providing technical engineering consultation, assistance, and leadership to plant personnel and staff departments on bottling/packaging/material handling/processing operations
- Leading the development of new or improved equipment/processes
- Initiating the applications of beneficial technologies into the manufacturing plants
- Supervising project engineers, designer/draftsman, and outside consulting engineers as assigned; managing work scheduling, work quality, and performance
- Some travel is required as well as this position would support projects at multiple sites.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Process, or Chemical Engineering
- 10+ years of progressive engineering project management and leadership of other engineers.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated equipment/process troubleshooting skills
- Extensive practical experience with high-speed bottling/packaging operations in bard/beverage industries is preferred but not required
- Experience with operating and maintenance employee training procedures
- Value engineering expertise
- Demonstrated project/idea development skills
- Solid financial aptitude
- Knowledge of industrial control software systems
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Experience with Employee Engagement and High Performance Workplace environments
Candidates for these critical roles must be seen as high potential individuals that can rise to the level of Plant Manager or Director Engineering within two years. The ideal candidates will be career minded, possess a readily seen progressive career track, will have played an important role within a high growth company and possess the academic horsepower to deliver added value to business decisions that propel company growth and profitability.
Compensation and Benefits:
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, a competitive compensation package with a base salary range of 120-150K, 20% incentive bonus, car allowance, relocation assistance and an expense budget are offered.
Interested candidates should call Tom Healy, President of Resource Executive Search in Boston, MA or Timothy Healy, VP Recruitment at 781-837-8113 for additional insight on these high impact search assignments. Your Confidential resume can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.